Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon and Mozzarella Recipe
Steak Bites Wrapped in Bacon and Mozzarella
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas weekend and didn’t throw away all the hard work you’ve been putting into getting into the best shape of your lives! If you did….all the more motivation to get back on track this week! Today’s recipe uses the most well known keto ingredients of meat and cheese! These are pieces of steak wrapped in mozzarella cheese and bacon. I used beef chunks but if you cant find them, then you can just cut a thick steak into pieces. You’ll need quite a few toothpicks for this recipe but the cheese ands up holding the bacon in place pretty well once it melts! This dish makes 4 servings and keeps great in the fridge to be used as left overs for the rest of the week.
Serving Size: 5 Steak Bites
**Recipe Makes 3 servings**
1 Lb Beef Chunks
6 Strips of Bacon
2 Tbsp Safflower Oil
4 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
1. Season steak with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
2. Peel slices of the string cheese and wrap around each chunk, securing the cheese in place with toothpicks. (Each cheese stick covered about 3-4 beef pieces)
3. Cut each bacon strip in half and wrap a half strip around each beef and mozzarella chunk (once again securing it with tooothpicks)
4. Heat the safflower oil on a skillet over medium-high heat
5. Place beef chunks on skillet and cook, continuously turning, until the bacon begins to brown
6. Once cooked, remove from the skillet, remove toothpicks, set on a plate and enjoy!
Things You Will Need:
Macro Nutrient Breakdown:
One pound of meat yielded about 15 steak bites. A serving (to my standards) would be about 5 steak bites which would total 353 calories with 18g of fat, 46 grams of protein, and less than one carb per serving! The macro breakdown below is for the entire dish so just divide the total below by how many servings you get out of the recipe to figure out your precise macros!
|Mozzarella Cheese||Bacon||Safflower Oil||