Sweet Soy Baked Tofu Bites Recipe
Sweet Soy Baked Tofu Bites
Instead of using your typical protein sources like meat and chicken, I decided to pair this amazing sauce with tofu. Tofu is great source of protein and a nice way to keep your taste buds entertained! Many people claim that tofu is bland and lacks flavor. I personally love it, but I can see where the lack of flavor may be an issue for many. This sweet soy sauce actually seeps into the tofu as it bakes and ensures that every bite is anything but lacking in flavor! Everyone loves the sweet, sugar-packed sauces that come with most Aisian inspired meals but when trying to maintain or achieve the optimum physique, these dishes are definitely something to stay away from! Try out this recipe to get you’re Aisian fix!
1 Package Lite Firm Tofu
1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sugar-Free Low Carb Maple Syrup
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 Packets Sweetener (I used PureVia)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Drain tofu and squeeze out excess moisture with paper towels
4. Slice the thickness of the tofu chunk in half
3. Turn over and slice the tofu lengthwise into 1/2 inch cubes
4. In a bowl, combine soy, syrup, worcestershire, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, garlic, papper and sweetener and stir
5. Add the cubes of tofu to the mixture, cover and place in fridge to marinate at least 5-10 minutes.
6. Place marinated tofu cubes on a greased alumin foil lined sheet and bake for 15 minutes (do not throw away the left over sauce….we will use it again!)
7. Remove the tofu from the oven, turn over and distribute left over sauce evenly.
8. Place the bites back in the oven and let bake for an additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, serve on a plate and enjoy!
Things You Will Need: