Keto Bacon and Egg Lasagna with Ground Buffalo Recipe
Keto Bacon and Egg Lasagna with Ground Buffalo
Here’s yet another great way to combine the perfect low carb keto ingredients! This recipe uses eggs, bacon and ground buffalo in place of noodles for a low carb lasagna! I have officially become a ground buffalo addict! I don’t think I’ll ever go back to ground beef! Buffalo/ bison is rich in CLA (good fat), stabilizes blood pressure, enhances metabolism and reduces body fat while preserving muscle! The only change I would make in this dish is maybe adding an extra layer of either shredded or american cheese in the middle layer on top of the ricotta and marinara sauce!
12 oz Ground Buffalo
4 Strips of Bacon
2 Slices American Cheese
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
Parmesan Cheese for Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat eggs in a bowl
3. Cook ground buffalo and bacon
4. Pour egg mixture in a greased baking dish and add buffalo and bacon pieces
5. Put in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes
6. Remove from oven let cool and slice the width of the “egg bake” in half
7. Place ricotta cheese and marinara sauce over the bottom half of the now cut “egg bake”
8. Cover with the top half of the “egg bake” and place the cheese slices on top
9. Turn oven to broil and broil the lasagna for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has browned
10. Serve and enjoy!
Macro Nutrient Breakdown:
This recipe yielded 4 very generous portions (probably even 6 portions). The macro nutrient breakdown below if for the whole lasagna so a serving (1/4of the whole lasagna) would be 380 calories, 31.5 g of protein, 6 carbs, and 25 g of fat. Remember that this breakdown is based on the nutritional facts of the items I used. If you use different brands you need to cross check with my numbers to make sure they are the same!
|Eggs||Ground Buffalo||Bacon||American Cheese||Ricotta Cheese||Marinara Sauce||Total|